Saturday, April 30, 2011

Design Changes

Well, it's been a little over a month now, and given the amount of time that I've worked on this site, I think it's coming along nicely. So far I have a new header and logo (text only), both of which are temporary. The logo needs minor adjustments; the header, well...it needs a complete revamping. I have some ideas, but lately I've been working on the page layout more than anything else.
I like the two sidebars I have now, one for New Articles and one for News. The News sidebar allowed me to eliminate the News page, which was my intention from the beginning. I had up the News page more for XHTML practice to help drill the tags and the element layouts into my memory.
I still have some design work to do, such as coloring the page how I want and laying out the 4 Main Product pages (Business & Success, Lifestyle, Dating & Relationships, and Health & Fitness). Those layouts, for right now, seem as if they are going to be a small challenge to me because of product categories. For example, for Health & Fitness, there will be categories of "Muscle-Building," "Fat Loss," "Nutrition," and "Sports-Related." I want to have four lists that are spread horizontally across the page. Should I use tables? Is it a job for CSS? It's not something I'm worrying about now, and I'm positive that a little bit of research will lead me to the answer.
Hmmm...now that I think about it, the same problem will apply to the Articles page. I want the articles separated according to their Main Product affiliations in the same type of layout as the Main Product pages. The nice part is, once I figure out the layout for one page, all I have to do is replicate it on the other pages.
Then, once that's all done and I have my logo and header replaced with something better, I can start adding Product pages. I'm looking forward to that, since that's how this site is going to make money initially.
I have a few products picked out already that I believe in for the Health & Fitness category. I also have many ideas of the type of products I want on the Business & Success and the Lifestyle pages. I haven't looked too far into the Dating & Relationship products yet, but, there again, I know of a couple products that I believe in.
So, no worries. I'm not planning on putting any crap on this website. If it's good and it's something I believe in, I'll post it on the pages. If it's a free product or site that I believe in that I think is worth your time, I'll post it up, even though it won't make me any money. I want my visitors to be able to find good quality options to help make their lives better. Not "snake oil" or "miracle cures." Just good products that have been proven to get results WITH a little (or a lot) of work on the part of the visitor.
That's it for me today! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you visit soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment